The New Matica P202i is a four-color high secure, high speed inkjet printer for machine readable passport booklets based on the proven technology by Hewlett Packard.
• Designed for centralized and decentralized high volume operations
• Enhanced security on personalization and passportissuing with low costs of ownership
• High Speed
• Due to its smart clamping mechanism, passport booklets with up to 180 pages por hour can be processed.
• Each single page can get its individual print face, visa-, observation page et cetera.
• The P202i prints two pages (example: page 2 & 3) at once.
• Versatile including many standard featuresthe P202i fits perfect into passport office environments.
Enhanced System Security and Quality Matica not only provides plain printing technology to its customers butsets world class standards when it comesto printing quality versusspeed and security featuresin order to guarantee an ideal solution for customer tailored personalization environment.
• For higher durability of the color print, pigmented Cyan, Yellow & Magenta inks are available
• High speed USB 2.0 connection to a PC
• Prohibiting unauthorized usage of the printer, by printer drivers in combination with the application software
• Data can be automatically copied from a former passport or ID document (if a document reader is attached)
• Printing will be only enabled after successful verification of traveler’s former document or legally issued application form
• RFID Reader and Writer - The P202i Passport Printer comes with an optional RFID Reader/Writer to read and write data to a RFID chip according ICAO recommendations.
• Camera System - The optional Camera System provides visual registration of the printed data into a pre-printed legend and enables the printer to position the MRZ according to ICAO specifications against the paper edge. With the camera visual data, like passport numbers, images etc. can be retrieved from the document.
4 Color thermal ink jet
Ink jet printhead
two PH are resident on the printer, ink is fed by tanks
PH 1: yellow/black or Yellow/UV; PH2: Cyan/Magenta
66 ml for black; 28 ml for each CMY colors
Data page printing time
9 seconds using Plain paper and Normal printing mode
Printed ICAO pages per ink KIT
black up to 1200 dpi; color up to 4800 dpi
error notification (printer status and near end or end of ink)
2 pages printing
Allowed included over the spine
Machine Readable Passbook
up to 180 pages por hour
fully clamped (four sides) during printing adjustable side plates
and length of the tray to manage near standard booklets
WIN 2000, XP, 7 (32- 64 bit), Server 2003
USB 2.0 recommended cable length 1,8m
API RJ45 allowing Ethernet connection
32 MB CPU 192 MHz
HP PCL level 3 enhanced
RFID reader and writer
available as option
Camera system (MRZ)
available as option
Dimension WxDxH - Weight
515 X 475 X 225 - 22 Kg
Power Consumption (W)
32W (per ISO 10561 Letter Pattern), approx. 4W in stand-by mode
Power (Input Voltage)
100 – 240 VAC (10% tollerance), 4A. 50-60Hz
CE and UL
15C° to 35 °C (59°F to 95 °F) 20% to 80% Rh
-20C° to 70 °C (-4°F to 158 °F) 5% to 85% Rh